COLOMBO – PINNAWALA – KANDY – COLOMBO
- Meet, Greet and respectively transfer from Colombo to Kandy
- En route Visit Pinnawala elephant orphanage.
The Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is one of Sri Lanka’s most popular tourist attractions. The orphanage’s population has now mushroomed to around 65, making it the world’s largest collection of captive elephants. The elephants here range in age from newborns to elderly matriarchs, and include orphaned and abandoned elephants, as well as those injured in the wild.
- Transfer from Pinnawala to Kandy
- Proceed to Kandy city tour
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Kandy which is a UNESCO world heritage site. The historic city about 480m above sea level surrounded by mountains was known to Sri Lankan as Kanda Uda Rata, which means the hill country. Kandy was home to Sri Lanka’s last independent Kingdom, which survived two centuries of colonial incursion before finally falling to the British at the beginning of the nineteenth century. Visit the Temple of the tooth. The royal Botanical Gardens, the Peradeniya University campus and catch a panoramic view of the picturesque town from Upper Lake Drive.
- Early evening, you will visit a Kandyan Dance performance and be treated to a spectacular fire walking finale.
- Kandy is also famous for its shopping, gems and jewellery, handicrafts, batiks, silks etc. And you will have the opportunity of browsing to your heart’s content
- Back to Colombo